Lukas Züst specializes in investment and commercial transactions. He advises Swiss and foreign companies on foreign direct investments, M&A transactions, joint ventures, distribution and agency, and license agreements; assisting them in negotiating and drafting complex commercial agreements of all kinds.
Since 2006, he has focused in particular on the Chinese market. After successfully completing an LL.M. degree in international business law in Singapore and China, Lukas Züst gained invaluable practical experience working as a foreign lawyer in Shanghai for five years.
His clients are mainly from the consumer goods, food, technology, pharmaceutical and medtech industries. Thanks to his profound understanding of business issues and his holistic approach, he provides effective and practical solutions to his clients.
Lukas Züst heads the China Desk of VISCHER and is on the board of the Swiss-Chinese Chamber of Commerce.
His working languages are German, English and Chinese.
- National University of Singapore and East China University of Political Science and Law, Shanghai (LL.M., 2007)
- University of Zurich (lic. iur., 2000)
- Associate in Shanghai (2007 - 2010), Resident Partner in Shanghai (2010-2011) and Resident Partner in Zurich (2012-2016) of an international law firm
- Associate with a law firm in Stäfa (2004-2006)
- Law clerk and secretary to the judge with the District Court of Uster (2001-2002)
Mandates as board member
- Member of the Board of Directors Swiss-Chinese Chamber of Commerce
Memberships in Associations
- Zurich Bar Association
- Swiss Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Mandarin Chinese
- China Desk
- Commercial Law
- Corporate Law
- Immigration Law
- Location Planning
- Private Equity
- Private International Law
- Real Estate Law
- Venture Capital