Dr. Christian Oetiker is one of our proven specialists in litigation and arbitration. He represents companies in proceedings before state courts throughout Switzerland as well as domestic and foreign arbitral tribunals. He also sits as an arbitrator.
He regularly represents companies in the pharmaceutical and chemical industries, the financial sector, international trade and the aviation industry. He also litigates claims arising out of derivative transactions subject to the ISDA Master Agreement. In addition to litigation, he advises in particular on matters of private international law, general contract law and unfair competition law. Furthermore, he supports the parties to foreign court proceedings in matters of mutual legal assistance.
Dr. Christian Oetiker is admitted to the Swiss Bar and works in Basel and Zurich. He holds degrees from the University of St. Gallen (HSG) and the London School of Economics, which gives him a special understanding of economic issues. He regularly publishes and lectures on topics of litigation and arbitration law as well as selectively on other topics. He has been working as an attorney at VISCHER since 1999.
In addition to his legal practice, Dr. Christian Oetiker is active in various professional organizations. He is a member of the Board of the Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA) and the ICC Commission on Arbitration and ADR. He was a member of the Arbitration Court of the Swiss Chambers' Arbitration Institution (now Swiss Arbitration Centre) from 2008 to 2019.
Dr. Christian Oetiker has been recognized by Chambers & Partners, Legal 500, ILFR and Who's Who Le-gal in the areas of litigation and arbitration.
He is fluent in English, German, Italian and French.
- University of St. Gallen, HSG (Dr. iur., 2003)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), University of London (LL.M., 2001)
- University of St. Gallen, HSG (lic. iur., 1996)
- Practising Lawyer at VISCHER since 1999
Memberships in Associations
- Swiss Bar Association
- Basel Bar Association
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA; Member of the Board)
- ICC Commission Arbitration and ADR
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- German Institution of Arbitration (DIS)
- Bankruptcy Law
- China Desk
- Debt Enforcement Law
- Insolvency Law
- International Civil Litigation
- International Mutual Judicial Assistance in Civil and Criminal Matters
- Legal Profession Law
- Private International Law
- Real Estate Law
- Restructuring and Reorganisation
- Sports Law
- Unfair Competition